What Makes Liposuction Such a Great Companion Plastic Surgery Technique?
Posted August 03, 2022 in Liposuction
3 Minute Read:
The term “body contouring” is a catch-all for any plastic surgery procedure that helps reshape and correct the aesthetic appearance of the body. And the truth is, whether because of age, lifestyle, or life events (such as pregnancy, childbirth, or extreme weight loss), most everyone has issues that could be improved with a body contouring cosmetic procedure.
Often, the secret weapon for these procedures is liposuction.
This blog will explore the benefits of liposuction surgery to help as you decide which improvements you may want to make to your body.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is one of the most versatile and transformative plastic surgery procedures available.
It is also one of the most popular procedures, ranking as the fourth most performed cosmetic surgical procedure in 2020.
Liposuction surgery is a cosmetic procedure that removes pockets of stubborn fat (including the kind resistant to diet and exercise) from the body.
For this procedure, small incisions are made in the target areas. A thin tube called a cannula is then inserted through these incisions and is used to loosen the subcutaneous fat. Once loose, this fat is then vacuumed out of your body through the cannula to give you a sleeker, more contoured and defined appearance.
And the best part is that liposuction can really be used to remove fat from anywhere on your body.
Another great aspect of liposuction is that it can be performed as a standalone procedure, or it can be combined with other procedures (or assist in those procedures) to give you even more complete results.
What Procedures Can Liposuction Be Combined With?
In reality, liposuction can benefit nearly all plastic surgery procedures. That’s because liposuction is one of the most effective and trusted procedures for safely removing fat from the body. And when you really think about it, one of the most common frustrations we all have is excess fat.
Whether it be a fat grafting (or fat transfer) procedure like the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL), where fat is removed from one area of the body through liposuction and inserted into another area (like the buttocks, face, or breasts) to increase volume, or it is used to simply remove unwanted fat, liposuction can help!
Some of the most common procedures in which liposuction is used include:
- Tummy tuck surgery: the abdominal muscles are tightened, while excess fat and sagging skin are surgically removed from the belly to give you a more defined midsection
- Breast reduction surgery: overly large breasts that cause back and neck pain and unwanted attention for women are reduced in size to give you a more proportional and balanced appearance to your body
- Gynecomastia surgery: removal of unwanted fat and breast tissue from men’s chests, (known as gynecomastia, enlarged male breasts, or “man boobs”) so that men have a more defined chest
- Mommy Makeover surgery: a customizable combination of procedures that help correct many of the aesthetic issues that women experience (especially after pregnancy)
- Daddy Makeover surgery: a customizable combination of procedures that help men turn their “dad bod” into a “fab bod”
In the End…
Regardless of whether you choose to have liposuction performed as a standalone procedure or you combine liposuction with another procedure, you can trust in the transformative and rejuvenating benefits of liposuction surgery.
Your body contouring procedure will help you look as good as you’ve always wanted!
Have More Questions About Liposuction in Miami?
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of liposuction, whether as a standalone procedure or combined with other body contouring procedures offered by Careaga Plastic Surgery in Miami, Florida, call us at (305) 960-7511 or fill out our online contact form.