Breast Augmentation Miami
What is a Breast Augmentation Procedure?
Dr. Daniel E. Careaga offers expert breast augmentation (breast enhancement), at his state-of-the-art Careaga Plastic Surgery Center. Dr. Careaga’s full service cosmetic services practice is conveniently located in the heart of Miami, Florida, minutes away from the Miami International Airport.
|Breast Augmentation Photo Gallery|
|Click on the images to view more photos
Individual results may vary.
Breast augmentation is a personal decision and this procedure is undertaken by thousands of women each year to increase their breast size and improve their body’s contour. If you ask yourself any of the following questions, you are not alone.
- Do you dread buying fitted outfits when you go shopping?
- Do you have trouble with proper fit when buying bras and undergarments?
- Do you wish your breast were more “natural” looking and balanced with your body shape?
For many women having the “right” breast size is important to their self image and confidence. If you feel as if your breasts are too small and are desirous of increasing your cup size and/or shape of your breasts, augmentation is a safe procedure to achieve your body shaping goal.
At Careaga Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Daniel E. Careaga, will review the many individualized options you have for changing the size and shape of your breasts as discussed below.
Who is a Candidate for a Breast Augmentation?
At Careaga Plastic Surgery Center, candidates for breast augmentation include women who want to:
- Augment the size of their breasts
- Balance their breast size to their body shape
- Correct uneven breasts that may be different sizes
- Restore breast volume that was lost due to weight gain, pregnancy or aging
- Reconstruct their breasts after a mastectomy
- Improve their self-image
Breast augmentation should be considered by those women who have completed their development. If you are interested in learning more about breast augmentation don’t hesitate to discuss your options with Dr. Daniel E. Careaga or the professionals at Careaga Plastic Surgery Center.
What Results Can I Expect from my Breast Augmentation?
As previously mentioned, the most frequently performed cosmetic surgery procedure in the United States is breast augmentation. Women can expect to achieve larger, fuller, firmer, better-proportioned look through the placement of implants in the breast.
Some of Dr. Careaga’s patients use breast augmentation to balance breast size or adjust the mass of their breasts after pregnancy or surgery.
Breast Augmentation Consultation Process with Dr. Daniel E. Careaga
Patient education is an important part of the consultation process before your breast augmentation. At Careaga Plastic Surgery Center you will be required to complete a pre-op appointment prior to surgery.
At this appointment you will discuss any additional questions, go over paperwork and complete your lab work. Dr. Daniel E. Careaga and his nursing team will give you specific pre- and post-op instructions for your breast augmentation. Be sure to follow these instructions carefully to ensure optimal results. It is also important to avoid any type of blood thinners for a minimum of 2 weeks before surgery (i.e. aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba) and avoid smoking for a minimum of 1 month before surgery.
During your consultation, Dr. Daniel E. Careaga will review with you the types of implants and the surgical procedures available to augment your breast. You may be familiar with the various surgical techniques used to insert the implants: breast, armpit, areola or belly button. Please see below for more information on the types of implants and augmentation procedures.
Dr. Daniel E. Careaga’s Breast Augmentation Surgical Technique and Protocol
Cosmetic breast enhancement surgery has been available for approximately 50 years and there have been many surgical techniques and breast implant improvements. Today’s breast augmentation procedures are not only safe but the surgery is less invasive and recovery time is faster.
Types of Implant
Dr. Daniel E. Careaga will review and show you the various shapes and sizes of implants. Dependent upon your preferences, you may want a round or contoured implant. Breast implants can be filled with silicone gel or saline. Many of our patients are confused about the difference between saline-filled versus silicone gel-filled implants. Dr. Careaga can discuss the options below and help you decide which type of state-of-the-art implant is right for you.
- Saline breast implants are filled with sterile saline solution at the time of the breast augmentation surgery. The outer shell is typically a silicone rubber shell that is sealed with a value. Saline implants for some women don’t look or feel as natural. However, improved surgical placement techniques have lessened these concerns.
- Silicone implants are made and pre-filled with a silicone gel that feels much like fatty tissue. The implant has an outer silicone shell. Most silicone-gel filled implants are not adjustable. In the early 1990’s silicone breast implants were discontinued as some studies suggested that they may be responsible for connective diseases in women. However, a comprehensive study and review by many leading scientific entities, including the Institute of Medicine, found that “there is no definitive evidence linking breast implants to cancer, neurological diseases, neurological problems or other systemic diseases.” (see footnote below)
- Inframammary augmentation is one incision technique used for breast augmentation. The incision is made through the lower portion of the breast a small distance away from where the crease of your breast meets your chest. This location conceals the small scar.
- Transaxillary or axillary is another technique where the incision is made in the armpit.
- Transumbilical or umbilical incision is made through the belly button. This technique is used infrequently.
- Below the Muscle: Submuscular or subpectoral implants are placed under the pectoralis muscle. This implant placement is one of the most popular. Dr. Careaga, after making the incision beneath the chest at the crease of your breast, securely places the breast implant and closes the incision with sutures. The sutures and any scar are completely hidden in the fold of the breast. This type of placement is done in an outpatient surgical center and requires a general anesthetic. The procedure takes less than 2 hours.
- Above the Muscle: Subglandular implants are placed above the pectoralis muscle and below the breast tissue or gland. This type of placement can be done with local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. The procedure takes less than 2 hours.
Breast augmentation surgery is performed in an accredited outpatient surgical center.
Breast Augmentation Recovery and Aftercare
Breast augmentation recovery is fairly rapid and any pain and soreness can be minimized. Some women experience mild swelling and very minor bruising. Within a week these symptoms begin to disappear. Some women report some numbness of their nipples. This diminished sensitivity of the nipples can happen after surgery and is temporary.
You will be asked to wear a sports bra and you can return to work within a few days. Avoid any strenuous work and activities.
Careaga Plastic Surgery Breast Augmentation Patients
Photo gallery, captions, case studies
If you would like more information or a consultation, call today to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator.