How Soon Can I Consider Plastic Surgery After COVID-19?
Posted July 01, 2020 in Coronavirus, Plastic Surgery
2 Minute Read:
During the COVID pandemic, plastic surgery hasn’t always been at the top of people’s minds. According to Google Trends, searches for plastic surgery procedures, such as liposuction, breast augmentation surgery, breast lift surgery, and tummy tuck surgery, were down during the periods of lockdown in the United States. However, as quarantine measures are starting to lift, the volume of search results is not only going back up, but they’ve already surpassed 2019 numbers.
If you were one of the people ready to get a cosmetic surgery procedure before COVID-19, is it safe to book your surgery now?
Is Plastic Surgery Safe After COVID-19?
Yes, plastic surgery procedures are safe during the coronavirus pandemic. The simple fact of the matter is that an office wouldn’t be open if they didn’t have systems and practices to keep their patients (and their employees) safe.
How Are Plastic Surgeons Keeping Patients Safe?
There are plenty of practices in place to keep both patients and employees safe. Some of the procedures, as recommended by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) include:
- Limiting in-office visits and offering virtual consultations (when possible)
- Conducting COVID-19 checks on all patients including temperature checks, questionnaires about their recent travel and/or symptoms, and screening for respiratory symptoms
- Reducing the number of patients allowed in the office at one time
- Eliminating shared space, such as waiting rooms, and asking patients to come in one at a time
- Requiring patients and staff to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks and gloves
- Erecting plexiglass shields between the front office staff and clients
- Conducting deep cleanings after every patient visit
The ASPS also strongly recommends booking only with skilled and reputable plastic surgeons like Careaga Plastic Surgery. These surgeons are top-caliber and will do everything in their power to stick to proper safety protocols.
Should I Book My Consultation?
If you feel ready to move forward with your plastic surgery procedure, you should book a consultation with your plastic surgeon.
At Careaga Plastic Surgery, we have returned to performing all surgeries and treatments.
However, if you’re an autoimmune compromised person, it may be beneficial to wait a little longer before booking your procedure. This can vary depending on your specific condition, so consult with a plastic surgeon (virtually) to see if it’s safe for you to move forward with your desired procedure.
Get Your Confidence Back During COVID-19
Now is the time to book your consultation for the cosmetic procedure you’ve been waiting for. It’s an especially optimal time for individuals working remotely, as they can recover from surgery in the comfort of their own home.
Schedule a consultation today with Dr. Careaga or Dr. Durand at Careaga Plastic Surgery by calling (305) 574-9262 or filling out this form.