Get the Shape of your Dreams…Safe…Less Invasive…Effective SmartLipo™ at Careaga Plastic Surgery Center
If you have tried dieting and exercise but have not had the results you struggled so hard to achieve, there is now a minimally invasive treatment that may be the answer for you. SmartLipo™ is a revolutionary body contouring laser-assisted lipolysis.
Dr. Daniel E. Careaga, Medical Director of Careaga Plastic Surgery Center, located in Miami, FL is skilled in this remarkable liposuction technique that melts fat away in many of the trouble spots on your body.
Imagine you can literally melt fat in your thighs, abdomen, arms and even neck! SmartLipo™ results last longer than dieting or exercise and since the treatment is minimally invasive, you’ll be back at work in two days and back to your normal activities within two or three days.
*Individual results may vary
Understanding the SmartLipo™
The SmartLipo™ laser-assisted lipolysis system developed by Cynosure, is an effective treatment to reduce fat cells. In fact, SmartLipo™ is FDA-cleared and is supported by more than eight years of clinical studies. It is proven safe and effective.
The process begins with Dr. Daniel E. Careaga inserting an advanced laser fiber through a cannula (small tube) into the target area on your body to deliver energy directly to subcutaneous fat cells, causing them to rupture.
The laser also causes small blood vessels to coagulate immediately—resulting in less bleeding, swelling and bruising than conventional liposuction, and, as a consequence, faster healing and recovery.
SmartLipo™ is a minimally invasive treatment that requires local anesthesia thus enhancing patient safety and a reduced the likelihood of side effects. Given the cannula’s small size and ease of the procedure, SmartLipo™ is rapidly becoming the preferred body sculpting procedure.
Typically, for most patients, only one treatment is required. The session may last from 45 minutes to one hour for each area treated. Dr. Daniel E. Careaga’s patients are discharged to go home after a brief recovery period. However, it is recommended that you rest and gradually resume normal activities. It is advisable to refrain from using a sauna or Jacuzzi, and strenuous exercise is not recommended for at least 2 weeks.
After your SmartLipo™ procedure, Dr. Daniel E. Careaga advises his patients to wear a compression garment for several days to several weeks, depending on the body area being treated.
Why SmartLipo™ versus Traditional Liposuction
- SmartLipo™ tightens skin (typically results seen in three to six months) as collagen production is stimulated. With traditional liposuction there is loose skin where the fat was removed.
- SmartLipo™ is performed using local anesthesia versus general anesthesia that is needed with traditional liposuction.
- SmartLipo™ procedure is minimally invasive so there is less pain and fewer risks and complications.
- SmartLipo™ procedure allows you to return to work within two days versus traditional liposuction, which takes up to one week to recover sufficiently to return to work.
- SmartLipo™ is an ideal body shaping (contouring) procedure for removing unwanted fat of the abdomen, flanks/love handles, chin, neck, upper arms, thighs and knees.
We encourage you to call Careaga Plastic Surgery at (305) 960.7511 to schedule a personalized consultation with Dr. Daniel E. Careaga to determine if you are a good candidate for SmartLipo™.